Join us for the 2nd annual foot race up Cerro Gordo's historic Yellow Grade Road! Saturday, May 25th, 2024.
Sign up now to take advantage of our early-bird special!
Our first race was such an amazing success, we can't wait to host it again! This one will be bigger and better than the first! With even more goodies and amenities for all participants.
The race will begin at the bottom of Cerro Gordo’s road, which is about 3,500 feet in elevation, and end at the deck of our museum, which is close to 8,200 feet in elevation. That’s almost a mile of elevation gain in a race just under 8 miles!
On the race up, there will be 4 hydration stations complete with water, electrolytes, easy to consume calories, sunscreen, and more. A paramedic will be following all runners the entire race.
At the top of the Cerro Gordo trail, runners will be able to rest and recover at a pop-up recovery lounge. Complete with shaded structures, hammocks, portable ice baths and more, runners will have the opportunity to reward themselves with recovery options.
After everyone finishes, we will have a catered meal for everyone including refreshments as well as live entertainment!
Shuttle vans will be available to bring all runners down the hill after the race.
All participants will receive custom Cerro Gordo Silver Run t-shirt and more.
The winner of this event will have their name forever remembered by being engraved in a silver plaque to remain on-site at Cerro Gordo for decades to come.
The winning time in 2023 was 1 hour 46 minutes and 48 seconds. Come see if you can beat that!
This is all happening May 25th, 2024.
Sign up now to take advantage of our early-bird special! Price will increase throughout the year, so lock in your spot now!
- Participants can camp on-site the night before and the night after the race if they'd like. You'd need to bring all camping related materials however
- Shuttles are provided to get down after the race to our monitored parking area at the bottom of the hill.
- You have until 30 days before the race to cancel and get a full refund. No questions asked.
- If you ran in the 2023 race, you will receive a special discount code in the next week to sign up again.
- If you are an Inyo County resident, please email hello at cerrogordomines dot com for a special discount.
THANKS! Can't wait to see you all there!